Monday, October 15, 2012

Another Monday..

Saturday I gave into the craving and had a bowl of soup.  I know not much of a give in but it tasted soooo good.  That is in addition to going across the street where they were eating cheeseburgers and then hot dogs on Sunday.  Anyway it is back to Monday and no lazy time just hanging around with the possibility of my mind and stomach wandering.  I do have to say even the slightest break causes my digestive system to do somersaults.

That brings me to this question about any of these juicing diets.  If you read up on them you see some of them make this claim that your digestive system needs time to rest.  Some of these diets even go to the point of saying that it was natural among early humans because of the lack of food during some of the year.  Now many of these claims I consider crap and this has to be the biggest one of the totally crazy claims.  I think your digestive system was built to run when needed.  If it ever needs a rest it should rest on the type of food not complete lack of food.  When I do a juice diet I make it a point to actually have something like nuts or dried peas from time to time.  When you get off of a juice diet your body really cannot handle some solid foods so you need to get what you can to keep the gears working.

Now the detox thing I am up in the air about.  I like the feeling of just being on juice.  I honestly feel different.  Now that may be to the fact that I am not eating heavy foods or that your system needed a break from some of the chemicals in our non-organic diets.  The fact remains that my skin feels better and I am getting better sleep.  Like I say who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment